Welcome to the second unit in our course on the nature of Jesus. In this unit we will continue to explore principles of studying God’s Word, study how the birth of Jesus was the special fulfillment of many prophecies in the Old Testament and carefully examine the birth narratives of Jesus in the Gospels.
The birth narratives of Jesus are often only read during Christmas time and seldom studied for their unique message and the particular insights they provide on the identity and nature of Jesus.
There are seven sections in this second unit of this course:
1. Unit introduction
2. Key action words for studying the Bible
3. Jesus, Son of David
4. The birth narratives of Jesus in the Gospel of Matthew
5. The birth narratives of Jesus in the Gospel of Luke
6. The birth narratives of Jesus in the Gospel of John
7. The birth of Jesus in the New Testament: one event – four narratives.
Once again, do make sure to have your Bible and a notebook ready as you progress through each of the sections and units of this course. Take note not only of what you are learning, but also of the questions that you might have for further study.